Friday, June 13, 2014

Work of Art that I am most proud of


My favorite piece I have created this year is definitely my self portrait. Thinking back to the first day of class, I was positively mortified to be asked to draw myself on the spot, but it turned out to be my favorite unit. First of all, I loved using charcoal as a medium, and I think I learned how to use it so much more effectively to create value. As an artist, I've always been focused on wanting to draw people, and get to know the human form better, so this unit, while intimidating, was the most interesting to me. Getting to do in-depth practices with faces and breaking down features taught me so much, and impacted how I look at any face I draw now. In the project I'm immensely proud to look back on the original versus what I learned and used on the final, especially the nose and mouth that I have had so much trouble with in the past. I definitely think this piece shows the most growth, for me, from start to finish. I think I will carry many of the skills I learned in this project with me as an artist.


No comments:

Post a Comment