Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Perspective Strategy Drawing



Purpose:
To review the perspective strategies that you learned;

To make connections between what you learned and demonstrating your understanding by creating a drawing using one of the perspective strategies.

In this piece I used several of the strategies studied. In entially sketching out the lines I had all aspects of the landscape vanishing into one point on the horizon, making it one point perspective. I also used size, distance, and aerial perspective to give the piece depth. The fence posts, trees, and parts of the tracks get proportionally smaller as the vanish back into the piece, and the greenery gets bluer as it goes back. These three strategies really helped me to see the depth and improve how I draw. It was interesting to me to experiment with what direction things go in according to the transversal lines, because I hadn't been drawing it like that before. I also learned just how important use of color is to the perspective of a piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment