Monday, March 3, 2014

Half Portrait Drawing, Sketchbook


Purpose:

To look closely at half of a portrait and complete the portrait by drawing similar features;
To practice drawing facial features: eyes, nose, and mouth



This assignment was a lot of fun for me because I had to really look at and imagine the other half of the face. In drawing this I learned a lot about the symmetries of the face, both what is symmetrical and what is not. I struggled with determining the light source from just half the picture, but eventually I figured it out pretty well. Because hairlines can also be asymmetrical I tried to imagine the other half as best as I could, which was a challenge for me because I am not at all a visual/spacial person. Overall this assignment gave me a chance to strengthen my visualization skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment