Monday, January 27, 2014

Hopes, Aspirations

I'm motivated to be successful when I have a true interest in what I'm doing. If I really want to learn something or do something well I will work very hard on it. When I'm not very interested in something it can be harder, but I have find little pieces of it I want to do or learn. Usually I find something I'm curios about and take it in that direction, which has, in the past, brought me to understand things in a very different way than I expected.

The greatest teachers I've had have all been very open to creativity. I tend to think about things in a bit of an unusual way. Teachers who have understood that and either let me think that way or helped me to do it another way have been extremely helpful. I do not respond well in situations when I'm very stressed or anxious about the work I'm doing, so classes that aren't made to be extremely stressful are very nice.

I'd really like to work on my skills with shading and lights and darks. I feel like my skills with shape are pretty good, but my understanding of shadows in things isn't fully there. I'd really like to start being able to give my drawings/paintings more depth and dimension. I'd also really like to learn some new and different styles than the one or two I usually use. I'd love to learn other forms of painting, maybe a more abstract style.

No comments:

Post a Comment